Wednesday, October 28, 2015
It is a nice rainy Autumn day, and I will be stuck in the house all day. I am sitting in the chair shown below, closest to the camera lens- working.
Monday, I created a Halloween greeting image for my Tumblr blog and today I am updating Amazon Stores.
This morning while lying in bed, I found this while looking for Career Wardrobe additions. Be sure to check out the related video. Do you think it's cute?
Lately, I have been spending a lot of time sitting in that chair [top photo in the series]. That said, as I allowed in an earlier post, Saturday, I did get a chance to get out for a bit.
Other than sitting in that chair and working, sleeping, or watching some of the current Tennis tournaments, I have been eating. This was snack/dinner on Sunday.
The toaster oven [shown] is new. The old toaster oven caught on fire a couple of months ago, while I was making cinnamon toast. Because I don't like the way the convection oven melts cheese, I could not make this favorite. We like the new one a lot.
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
I loved the Anne Klein Brass Watch pictured below, from the moment I saw it. I added it to the "Things I Heart" store, and even though it has not been available for sometime now, I never removed it.
I did not purchase the watch when it was available [I tend to go for a plainer look for business and could not justify the purchase for casual wear]. That said, it is the inspiration for one of my latest purchases- the brass chain shown in the photos below.
You can find the brass bracelet here. I am very impressed with the quality of the chain- especially when taking into consideration the cost. The Brass Bracelet is also listed in my "Brass" Amazon Store. All of the Amazon Stores I maintain:
Sunday, October 25, 2015
For some reason I love the thought of cooking, especially baking in Fall. I have a lot of tried and tested recipes-- like my Almond Shortbread Cookies.
What else this weekend?
- Movie: "Bad Words"
- Movie: "Kill the Messenger"
- Movie: "Exodus: Gods and Kings"
- Tennis: WTA Finals Singapore
- Enjoying Autumn scenery
- Worried about an online order I have not received. I believe the interference is local. I am told authorities are looking into it.
- Planning to watch: "Repulsion" w/Catherine Deneuve later this week.
- Planning to watch: New episode of Showtime's "The Affair" tonight.
- Thinking about holiday gift giving and updating my stores-- Gifts, Home Office and Let Me Know.
PS. I have to use the large oven and large cookie sheets for the Almond Shortbread Cookies-- because as you will note, I use no preservatives in the dough and cannot bake-off just 5.
Thursday, October 22, 2015
When I started using my newly purchased 1920x1200 High Definition [HD] tablet in Feb. 2015, I noticed a big difference in the photographs I take for my blogs with my 8MP Canon PowerShot Camera. In the past, HD display monitors were not high on my list of must haves. They are now-- see here.
At first, I found the higher resolution images presented by my new tablet a little disconcerting.
That said, I like the low resolution with the 8MP camera compared to others because I use the photographs online- and I also use my own server for storage. This to ensure my work, is always my work. Thingamablog will repost the entire blog site, if internal software checks- reveal the site has changed due to something other than the Thingamablog FTP service. A big reason I chose to use Thingamablog in the first place.
That said, I have found another great reason to keep my lower resolution camera. HD resolution details could get a little scary. I am told, many televised programs filter their on-air personalities for better HD television viewing. Have you noticed a difference in your favorite television personality's appearance on occasion?
Skirt referenced in above image can be found here.
Sunday, October 18, 2015
It is a beautiful Fall day here. Yesterday was chilly enough for heat, however today is a little warmer. Some of the scenes around here.
I have shown the fake fern in the entryway- even though I hate plastic plants. I have tried growing several things in that corner and nothing works. Even a real Boston Fern.
That said, I love the ceramic planter with the inlaid ivy pattern that I am using there. I have a set of three [graduating sizes] that I purchased from Home Depot [Columbia] about 10 years ago. They were a great deal. I don't think I can find that set again- for the price I paid.
- Updating my Amazon Stores.
- Shopping for birthday and holiday presents. A printer I want was $10 cheaper the other day-- and I did not order it... bummer.
- Movie: "Fireflies in the Garden"
- Movie: "Vice" w/Bruce Willis
- Watching the last remaining tennis tournaments of the year. The Professional Tennis Circuit will be on hiatus for the month of December. The finals for both the ATP and WTP are in November.
- Getting a bit more sleep.
Have you started your holiday shopping? For some reason this year, I am having a hard time coming up with a plan.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
While researching for a project, I noticed some thumbwheels taken in November 2014. Here is one of the photos:
I have started aging more rapidly and though in the past, this would have never bothered me, it does now. Why? The reason. I believe it is due to a lack of sleep.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
I love black suits and I loved wearing black suits to the office. I still have quite a few of my suits, however they are mostly too tight and if I did need to make a business appearance, I would have little to choose from.
Like many business owners that work from home, I have picked up several bad habits including:
- Not worrying about proper business attire.
- Staying fit.
- Working all hours of the day.
That said, earlier this year I did decide I needed to keep my hair "ready to go" and I apply a little makeup everyday [my hair looked too "done" to go without], no matter if I leave the house or not.
This routine may become obsolete if I get my treadmill repaired. I used to fast or play tennis to stay in shape. These days, I do not like the idea of fasting, so physical exercise is my only option. When I have a working treadmill I stay on morning, noon and night [about half an hour each session]-- so while in "lose mode" hair will have to wait.
While I am still debating what to do about my slightly larger size, I decided I needed more business attire options in case a situation did arise, wherein I needed an easy business look.
Believe it or not-- one basic element is going to work for me and I found it on Amazon, here.
I am very pleased with this purchase and plan to purchase one or two other colors in a slightly smaller size. I like the quality of the material and the way it feels and hangs. I can combine the skirts with things I already have to create several different looks for business or slightly more formal occasions.
I have to confess, I am someone that owns a lot of more expensive
lined skirts that are dry cleaned. I was a little skeptical, however I
have a shorter Spandex skirt without the Rayon [purchased from H&M
several years ago] that I use when I need a slightly more formal look
than jeans or sweats. It does not need dry cleaning. The problem, it
is above the knee but very easy to wear and achieve different looks
with. That is why I thought I would give this longer skirt with Rayon,
and a slit a try. I am pleased.
Why would I worry about a "business look" when I can do most things from home? Just in case.
Sunday, October 11, 2015
One of my credit card issuers offers free FICO® Score reports. In June 2015, I noticed that the free report indicated I had a score of 689 or so. I do not have a screen-grab of that earlier report. The reason for the score? The report indicated a lawsuit might be pending.
Privately, I am told too many with power try to affect issues related to my financial picture-- however the Feds are keeping tabs. I have never been served with a civil [nor criminal] lawsuit, personally, or against my business, QiSoftware. Nor is there any reason I know of, that anyone may have to sue me, or my business.
That said, yesterday when I checked the score again-- the results were better.
There is now- no indication that a lawsuit is pending.
Other things I have been up too?
- Updating my Amazon Stores. Also check out this store.
- Researching a new recipe. Let me know if you try this. I want to- too!
- Washed a lot yesterday, including my hair and a goose-down comforter [came out okay, my hair is kind of having a big/bad day-- show you tomorrow.]
- Watching the NFL; Washington in Atlanta [right now].
- Watched some of the recent Tennis finals in Asia [this morning].
- Watching the new episode of "The Affair" tonight on Showtime.
Washington v. Atlanta: 7 to 3- Washington in the 3rd quarter. Going to finish watching...
Friday, October 09, 2015
The wedding is fast approaching and there has been a flurry of activity. Of course, I will not be attending- however hope everyone is as excited as the bride and groom.
I provided explanations about the wedding in an earlier post and will not provide more details here other than to say, I am happy for the couple.
- Continuing to update my Amazon Stores. I wish I thought I could wear that black and gray coat. I tend to stick to solids [like this].. but I just love that coat. Are you getting a new coat for Fall?
- Online shopping. Will provide details later.
- Went to the bank on Monday.
- Early morning Tennis from Asia.
- Thinking about building a new tool [widget] for my website and researching the resources I will need.
Photo [of me], taken today. I periodically, provide photos to show how I look on any given day. These days, I don't get out much-- and when I do, I want current photos to leave little doubt as to my identity. The good, the bad and the ugly..
I am seeing more signs of aging and in my opinion, I look and feel too tired. A full night's sleep is the problem right now. I used to never have problems sleeping through the night... I am hoping this will be corrected, soon.
Monday, October 05, 2015
Due to the offshore activity of Hurricane Joaquin, it turned a little chilly and wet in our area over the weekend. I found plenty to do indoors:
- Tennis from China, Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
- Movie: Falling in Love [repeat for me]
- Movie: You've Got Mail [repeat]
- Series: Showtime's "The Affair" first episode new season .
- Posted about some of my plants-- [last post].
- Found two great Fall recipes; Homemade Caramel Sauce & Caramel Apple Pound Cake [posted to my Tumblr Blog].
- Paid the web hosting annual bill for hosting-q.com.
- Updated the Gift Ideas category. Do you like this?
- Online shopping for Fall sweaters and coats.
Saturday, October 03, 2015
They're doing fine.
A look back:
Not shown, the latest plant from clippings referenced in the last post.