Sunday, October 16, 2016
Last Thursday, while changing a light bulb in one of the lamps above the garage doors, I missed a step on the step-ladder and briefly lost my balance. I was also trying to avoid the hose caddy I left sitting right next to the ladder-- so when I stepped off [skipping the lower step] I saw the hose caddy and this caused more of a scare. Somehow I picked up the ladder in this balancing act-- and was finally able to gain control of both the ladder and me without harm- or so I thought.
Long story, short-- though I did not realize I strained my left knee during this balancing act-- I must have, because I have been hobbling around for the last 3 days. The pain did not start until several hours after the incident-- and that first night I was in excruciating pain. Almost impossible to walk without support. Today, is the first day-- the knee feels almost normal again.
Because of this, I have been either in front of a television or working on a computer for most of the weekend.
What have I been up to?
- Updating my Amazon Stores- see here, here, and here.
- Shown in the photo above-- the Washington Redskins game is on.
- Movies: "Insomnia" and "Manglehorn" both w/ Al Pacino and "Joy" w/Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro.
- Taking photos of my Fall Gardens... [see below].
- Watching the new cub twin pandas at the Atlanta Zoo
- Shopping for gifts. My mother's birthday is next month and of course, Christmas is coming. I always start researching this early in the season because  I order most things online and want to make sure I have time to return if I make a mistake and  I like researching for my Amazon Stores.
My Fall Blooms... [referenced above].
This year, I seem to think I need big ticket items and have added them to my Just Want category, however have added what I think are nice ideas [with lower price tags] under the Gift Ideas category. Are you spending big this holiday season?