Friday, August 11, 2017
Earlier in the week, I had problems with the MySQL databases associated with the NS&J Forums and Q's Wire Blog. The forums use PHPBB and Q's Wire is a WordPress blog that is hosted on qisoftware.com. If you tried to access either the forums or blog, error messages indicated there were "database connection errors".
Recently, my web hosting provider upgraded a number of system software services on my server- including PHP. Initially, I thought this may have been the problem, however now I am not so sure.
Somehow the database passwords became misaligned. I am the only authorized user with access to cPanel- [hosting domain management interface] for both domains [qisoftware.com & hosting-q.com]. So, it appears these errors were caused by someone's deliberate actions and no, I do not think it was the web hosting provider.
After realigning the passwords, I requested full- backups of both sites.
I also fixed the Blogger Calendar's servlet for Q's Wire. The screen-grab captured using a WindowsXP system running Firefox browser version 43.0.1 (the reason the applet works without any special security updates to the system's Java control panel).
I installed the Blogger Calendar in the current version of Q's Wire's template for this demonstration only, however if you view the source for any page of Q's Wire, you will notice the "commented out" script for the Blogger Calendar.
What else have I been up to?
- Shopping online for a birthday present for my sister. I am pretty happy with my selection and picked two from my Gift Ideas store.
- Updated Business Tools I Heart post, on the Remix Blog.
- Other minor domain issues with qisoftware.com. Email spam options also affected by someone's deliberate actions. Also, changed the domain hosting password.
- Rogers Cup Tennis
- STARZ's "Power" series.
- Arundel Mills Cobbler to have a pair of heels repaired. Liked this experience, 20 minutes my shoes are ready.
- Social media tasks for the Hanover Maryland Businesses, Facebook page.
It was not all bad this week, in that the problems were resolved quickly. I was also happy to boot-up my Macbook and work on software code issues. I miss working software development issues...