Tuesday, February 07, 2017
Lately, I have been getting out a bit more.
I rarely go by BWI Airport [even though the terminal is within 5 miles of my residence], so in 2015 or 16 when I first noticed the airport had undergone significant renovations, I wanted to somehow capture the new look.
Last week, I decided to drive around the airport loop with the Dash-Cam recording. Later, I used mobile apps to convert and edit the clips I merged to create the video I uploaded to my Tumblr blog- here.
Yesterday, I went by my business bank to transfer funds and today, I went by my business address in Columbia to pay the rent and pick up the mail. One of the photos below-- one of three trips to the recycle bin after shredding most of the shopping bag full of mail I picked up today.
Other things I have been up to?
- Movie: "The Queen"
- Movie: "The Nice Guys"
- NFL: Superbowl
- Giant Panda Live Cams: The 5 month old cubs in Atlanta & Bei Bei in Washington
- Professional Tennis on WatchESPN & TennisChannel
- Since posting my indeed.com résumé, I have received 4 responses and replied to 3 of the 4 hits. I no longer accept government contracting positions and most of the hits were of that type. [Yes, unofficially- I am being told DOJ and others are working the other resolutions to my situation-- however this has been the case for awhile].
- Minor updates to the stores...
- Received my Federal Tax Refund... Glad I used TurboTax Online.
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Recently, I updated my résumé. I also found a position on indeed.com that I applied for, but more on that later.
This post, I simply want to explain why over the years my linkedin.com résumé reads more like a summary of my skills, however also offered links to WiredPages and other site areas which provided real examples of the type of software support and web design I offered.
I felt a widget was worth a thousand words-- or a least a two page résumé of detailed work experience.
Over the years, I received a great many accolades for the work I did on WiredPages, however because of security issues-- I do not now maintain the site online. That said-- I do have the code and can easily recreate the many widgets I custom designed and developed for the site. That said, I repeat- I really need to move the site to a more secure hosting platform.
Late in my tenure with Rockwell [my last position as a defense contractor], we responded to a RFP from the Navy. I have working [draft] copies of several of our résumés which were completed/updated and submitted to the Navy [on earlier RFPs too]. The illustration below shows part of my draft résumé-- and that of John Newcomb's, the program manager. Yes, I would have also been part of the staff providing input for our submission to the RFP.
Why am I providing this information?
- Preliminary data, for a later post [that I really do not want to write].
- There was a lot of abstract noise when I recently, uploaded my detailed résumé to indeed.com. The "I did not know that"-- should not have been coming from the sources I was given. I also had immediate responses to the résumé which if needed, I will also provide.
- Question as to who doubts my credentials even at this late date.
- Provides a timeline that can be traversed and found credible.
- Provide a bit of discussion on why my résumé reads as it does.
Indeed.com has the detailed version of my current résumé. I am hoping I will need no further entries on this topic-- however may in the future, post photographs of my actual résumé.
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Thursday morning, I was notified that my State Tax Return had been accepted by Maryland. Yesterday afternoon I checked the online reporting site for the status of the refund.
I was a little surprised and upset to get the following message...
In early January-- before I received the "Important Tax Information" for a revenue account, I hand prepared the Maryland State Tax Return. After getting the tax information, I had the online version of TurboTax generate both my Federal and State Tax Returns. Both returns submitted, showed the same results as those provided in the earlier "draft" versions.
Quite frankly, my returns are so easy-- because of low income- it is hard to make a mistake-- and all versions-- both mine and the final TurboTax submissions, agreed.
I was so upset yesterday evening, I posted a new entry to Q's Wire something I have not done in just under 2 years.
I know the Federal Refund reporting site updates their records around 3:00-3:30 am every morning, so I checked this morning and found my Federal Refund was approved [yesterday] and will be deposited to by bank account in the coming days.
I have not received the letter from Maryland describing the problem, however I do have phone numbers and know how to file the appeal.
That said, if the IRS had no problems and both my versions and the official TurboTax versions lined up-- I cannot imagine what Maryland is doing.
Abstract noise? You do not want to know. It might suggest to many in government continue to think my situation is some sort of game. It is not.
How much noise did I make over the November 2014 Jury Duty? Faxes to the FBI, State Sheriff's Departments, US Attorney in Maryland, and a State Judge. Most know the ongoing issues with my case. I have been very open in my dealings.
Feds tell me there is an ongoing investigation. Why would I try to cheat you? I would not. This should not be the same crap that has been going on. Yes, I will find out Monday what the problem is-- however, as I have indicated-- I am too transparent for this not to be-- black is black and white is white. Why would this happen?
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Along with several pages, I maintain two groups on Facebook.
Awhile back [Jan. 2014], I created a custom header graphic for the Thingamablog Group, however opted to use the Alumni group member photos, Facebook used as the default because no group header graphic was specified.
Recently, Facebook changed their default policy [now only a member's group friends' photos show in the header-- even for the admin], so today I created a custom header graphic for the Alumni group.
A screen-grab of the graphics software I used to create the new image...
Below, how the new header graphic looks on the page- via my Android. I have hidden some of the page Admin details, along with some of the data related to my friends who are not group members.
- Filed my Maryland State tax return on Tuesday, January 24th, 2017. Text message this morning reporting it was accepted.
- Showtime's series "The Affair".
- Tracking Australian Open tennis action.
- Extensive updates to my detailed résumé [Linkedin maintains the summary version]. Curious? Public on indeed.com.
- Movie: "Bridge of Spies"
- Movie: "Genius"
- Updating several of the Amazon Stores, see the upper right sidebar.
I have also been going through a lot of old files. Among other things, I found an important letter one of my attorneys sent out in 1995, an aerial photo of the Pentagon given to me when I left Boeing and the Engineering Excellence Award --Rockwell bestowed on me... I am not sure why I went down memory lane recently, however it did prompt the recent updates to my detailed résumé.
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Saturday, I received the EIN number I needed to file my Federal & State tax returns, so I submitted my return data using the TurboTax service the same day. Shown below, the hardcopy file of the tax returns as prepared by TurboTax.
The Federal return was actually filed and accepted by the IRS- yesterday. Maryland does not allow electronic filing before the 23rd of January [this year], however the service I used has the data and will submit the return on that date.
Below, notifications as to the status of my Federal return and refund.
What do I plan on doing with the refunds? Annual fee for my business address.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Today, I decided to take a tour of Hanover, MD [the town where I reside] using the new dash cam.
I merged several longer clips [shot today], to create this video, however have yet to master a dubbing technique to add sound bites.
Areas shown in the video...
- AACC @Arundel Mills
- Maryland Live Casino-- when I slo-mo the video the flickering on the neon signs is absent.
- The area known as Arundel Preserve in Hanover.
- Milestone Parkway [runs from Arundel Mills Blvd to Route 175].
- One of several new housing areas right down the street from where I live.
- Pulling into the driveway.
Probably will not use the dash-cam every time we use one of the cars-- however like having it just in case...
You can learn more about Hanover, MD as related to commerce here.