Monday, July 27, 2015
The Washington Citi Open Tennis Tournament will start Monday, August 3rd, 2015. I have attended and thoroughly enjoyed this tournament in the past, and wish I could be there [in person]- this year.
That said, The TennisChannel is covering a lot of the action, so I will catch many of the matches on live television.
Other things I have been up too?
- Keeping up with STARZ's Power and HBO's True Detective.
- Online shopping [I will show you later].
- Updating my Amazon Stores.
This morning, I made the Fruit Tart shown.
Last week I could not decide if I wanted cupcakes or a fruit tart for my birthday. I had cupcakes. This week, I will have the tart. I have made this [tart] before and shown the results. This year I did not allow the blueberry sauce to thicken as much, nevertheless it was pretty good. See video from Great Chefs- Fruit Tarte.
News from Washington? Always, just nothing I wish to report.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
For over a year, I have been using a commercial grade font that I really like. I failed to read the license properly and thought I could use the "personal use" version anywhere I wanted as long as the work in question, belonged to me or was for my personal use, i.e., I was not selling the work. This was a silly error on my part-- in that I often use the font in images I use on this blog, and this site is considered commercial in nature. [wish I had read the license].
There were two reasons I began researching purchase options for the font:
- Recently, I modified the QiSoftware Remix Blog Template and incorporated the font in some of the new images. Before then, I had not used the font on that blog. Really silly part [my assumption]-- "It's Personal" is not a part of my commercial site. I also used the font on my Tumblr Blog, however my read of the license, indicated that was okay.
- The free "personal use" version that I obtained awhile back, did not have the full character set.
The other day, I searched Amazon but could not find what I wanted. So today, I searched other offerings and that is when I checked the license for the version I have and found my error.
Happy to report, today I did obtain a fully licensed version of the entire character set for the font.
News? Always. Even some related to the acquisition I describe in this entry. One of my big complaints over the years-- others have broken laws that have hurt me and my ability to conduct business. Me, today I found out someone could have sued me for copyright infringement [because I failed to read the license for the "personal use" version of the font]. Needless to say, I am reading everything from now on. The rest of the news? Nothing I am going to report.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Yesterday was my Birthday and I spent a mostly quiet day watching tennis and a movie, The Equalizer. Late in the afternoon, my sister dropped by with her gift.
Here are scenes from my day [yesterday].
Earlier today, I went to the bank to deposit my Birthday Gifts.
Many are interested in how my hair has grown out. Here are photos taken; Friday and Sunday nights just before I began my evening set processes. Most of the curl has come out, the reason you maybe able to see the length a little better. Someone suggested, it is too long...
I need to have it shaped, however it is getting longer. To keep it manageable and ready to go [if I need to go out], I set it at night with my Conair 1" curling iron and pink sponge rollers [16 large]. This takes just under 30 minutes every night-- but well worth the time-- based on what I would have to do the next morning to achieve the same lasting results.
I also have to keep the moisture in my hair. Have you tried this? I use something different but I am thinking of trying this product. I have porous, rather thin hair [believe it or not], so a liquid moisturizer works for me.
Friday, July 17, 2015
After the last two weeks of almost non-stop Wimbledon Tennis, I thought I would be bored starting the new week. I wasn't. I found a number of things to catch my attention and happy the weekend is almost here.
Scenes around here...
Things I have been doing:
- Minor updates to the Remix Business Blog template and the associated Amazon Store.
- As noted in the latest entry to the Business Blog- looking into some code issues as related to an API.
- Updated the template on my WordPress hosted blog.
- Watching the Tennis Channel.
- Got a refund on an item I ordered because a different item was sent. The item sent will work out-- so I am pleased.
- Minor updates to my Amazon Stores. Added my new case [discussed here] to the "Items I Have" store.
Things I will be doing over the weekend:
- Making almond buttercream cupcakes.
- Watching Davis Cup and other Tennis Tournament Finals
- Watching latest Power episode on STARZ Saturday evening.
- Watching latest True Detective episode on HBO Sunday evening.
Hope you have a nice weekend..
Saturday, July 11, 2015
The Wimbledon Ladies Singles Final will start in 15 minutes, so I will be quick.
Earlier in the week, I found a case I wanted for my Birthday [July 20th], and my Mother agreed to give it to me. It arrived yesterday.
I am so pleased that most of my notebook computers, drives and discs fit. It's big, however I needed the space.
- Movie: The Manchurian Candidate w/Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep
- Movie: Miami Vice w/Colin Farrell, Jamie Fox
- Trimming the bushes.
Always more news. Nothing I am going to report.
Tuesday, July 07, 2015
Wimbledon has been on since the week before last Monday [yesterday], and I have done little else. Local family members made the annual trek to Wilmington, NC for the 4th of July and I stayed home.
The Women's Quarterfinals are on today-- so most of my morning/early afternoon has been/will be spent watching those matches.
That said, today I did take time to have a great lunch-- shown in one of the photos below. Also shown, I have taken time out for many great meals.
Other things I have been up to:
- Updating my Amazon Stores, specifically Home Furnishings, Computers and Home Office, Gift Ideas, and the "Let Me Know" category. A new product, Amazon Echo has also caught my attention. If you get the chance- review the product video.
- Watching: HBO's True Detective, Season 2 Series
- Watching: STARZ, Power Series
- Researching Java Applet issues as related to web browsers and tablets. Reminder the Blogger Calendar utilizes a Java Applet front-end and Java Servlet on the server-side.
- Researching watch repair kits.
My Conair Curling Iron [page 2- lower left], stopped working [had it for over 10 years, and now used daily since Feb. 2015]- so I ordered 2 more, along with a new watch. Next, I am going to get an assortment of watch batteries and a device to remove watch cases so I can put in new batteries. I used to have the watch repair shop in the Crystal City Underground do all of this. Now I just buy new watches.
Another of my great lunches...
All sorts of news, though nothing to report here..