Thursday, January 11, 2018
It has been very cold here. So cold, that I did not go out until yesterday after about a week inside. I went by my bank on Wednesday, Jan. 3rd 2018. Yesterday, it finally turned warm enough to venture out.
So what have I been up to? Working, sleeping and enjoying entertainment on television and radio.
- Social Media Posts see here and here.
- Upcoming: "The Girl on the Train" Showtime Saturday, January 13, 2018
- Upcoming: Australian Open January 15-29 2018
- Setting up a Samsung BlueRay player to access the wifi (we use Verizon FiOS) without WPS support. I am not sure why it stopped working-- WPS shows disabled when I connect to the router setup interface. WPS allows the press of a button on the router to connect to any device within range trying to access the service. Without WPS support, this took some time to figure out.
- Last year I used TurboTax to file my taxes. This year I will do the same, however last night I used efile.com to get a general idea of what to expect.
- Updating or creating graphics for projects I am working on. See the sidebar for the Remix blog or this blog, for the new WiredPages Events Graphic & Link. I also had to update the header graphics for one of my Facebook groups and a Facebook page.
- Finding the artists behind some of my new favorite tunes (listed below).
Some of my favorite tunes these days.
- George Tandy, Jr. - Already Love
- Jhene Aiko - While We're Young
- Keyshia Cole - Incapable
- Sam Smith - Too Good At GoodByes
- Izzy Bizu - Diamond
- Johnny Gill - Game Changer
It took me awhile to find the artists behind some of these songs. I tend to listen to "old school" or light jazz so I am not as well versed in what's popular. That said, I know KEM.
Sunday, February 05, 2012
I have been nowhere lately.. the bank several days ago but that is about it. Mostly I have been watching congressional hearings-- with the volume up. I seldom watch television with the volume on-- unless a movie, and certainly not congressional hearings.
I continue to search Youtube for old music. I knew of Nina Simone because of the movie Point of No Return with Bridget Fonda.
When I found this song, Let It Be Me by Nina Simone on Youtube-- I wondered why she was not amongst my father's old records. I love his music. Things like this I wish I could ask my father.
What does this have to do with the post title? I am distracted and could not think of something else.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
After figuring out how to get my Macbook display to work earlier this month, abstract noise suggested the FBI is more involved in my issues than I thought-- and I am pleased. These two factors have both calmed me and allowed me to take a mini break where work is concerned.
So what have I been up to? Listening and researching music, reading, thinking about a couple of projects and hoping my ordeal is coming to an end. Tomorrow? No-- but I hope soon.
Here are a couple tunes I found last evening that I especially like:
- Gladys Knight-- Walk Softly
- Ray Charles-- If I Could-- never heard this version- fell in love with the song all over again.
I absolutely love Youtube. So much so-- the Youtube Music Search Interface on the WiredPages Arts & Entertainment page-- is one of my favorites.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Had a jam session with Aaron Neville and Van Morrison last night.. thought I would share.
Jimmy Webb's lyrics always make me stop and think.. he is the writer behind songs like Macarthur Park and By the Time I Get To Phoenix. I woke up early this morning and a talk show had a guy on with a full band [horns, keyboards, electric guitars]-- doing rap. I will understand if you think me musically out of it..