Monday, May 30, 2016
The sun is shining and I had an early lunch of leftovers because we cooked yesterday.
Also this weekend:
- Movie: "The Intern" with Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro
- Movie: "The Last Days of Disco"
- Earlier in the week; Movie: "21 Grams"
- Movie: "All the King's Men"
- The French Open.. Rainy in Paris.
- Playing around with video production.
- Paid the quarterly web hosting tab for qisoftware.com
I will probably go out later today. Hope you are having a nice weekend.
Sunday, May 08, 2016
I captured this short video on May 6, 2016. I think he likes whatever it is he is eating. What do you think?
Several months earlier... he was not that interested in the biscuit.
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Great dinner.
Friday, May 06, 2016
I have decided that video production is not as easy as I thought it would be, so I have been practicing. Yesterday, I shot three videos while doing various tasks in the kitchen. Here is the last of the three.
I have also discovered I am having audio issues.
Though I am pleased with the video quality produced by both my Android and Canon PowerShot A590 cameras for online use, I am not that happy with the audio quality being reproduced.
Unfortunately, my PowerShot does not have a port/jack for an external microphone, however the Android does have this feature.
That said, I am now careful about moving in and out of range while speaking when the record function is active.
Video issues? Yes, the next time I will use a little less of me when trying to open, scoop and plate the Gelato. Other issue? How long does it take to open a new container of Gelato? I should have tested that before I started.
The first two videos were nowhere as good as this.. so I will continue to practice.
The Marie Callender's Apple Pie? Delicious. I also like the Breyers Vanilla Caramel Gelato, however the combo may be a little too sweet. Dessert for Mother's Day? I would offer either, or.
Wednesday, May 04, 2016
I ordered my Mother's gift ages ago, so this week I thought I would design a card using a photo I took late last month of one of her Azalea bushes. For some reason, I hate buying greeting cards.
In this case, I am using MS Publisher, however could have used iPhoto on my Macbook to create a similar card. These days, I use my Macbook only when absolutely necessary. My software development projects and Business Blog Remix are maintained on that system-- and I cannot afford to replace it at this time.
iPhoto comes with most versions of Apple's OSX operating system, whereas the MS Publisher version I am using shipped with my Professional Microsoft Office 2000 Suite software.
I am not sure if I am going to give her this card, however I think she will like her gift. I printed draft copies of the card to both color and black & white laser printers to see if everything is lining up and to ensure the accent colors match the photograph.
Also this week...
- Updating [always] my Amazon Stores:
- Scheduling new posts for my Tumblr blog
- Researching web hosting issues.
- Watching the National Zoo's Panda Cub [Bei Bei], however video shown below recorded 4/27/16, last week.
- Researching how to avoid a monthly service fee on my business checking account. New limits set by my bank- activated on May 1st, caught my attention.
Bei Bei, makes me laugh...
What are you doing for Mother's Day? Washington, DC's Race for the Cure is also Sunday.
Sunday, May 01, 2016
Last week I noticed a new leaf on my Banana Plant. I am so pleased about this because two years ago I replanted the tree in a larger container and since then, no new leaves have appeared.
In prior years, at least two new leaves appeared annually and I am hoping the new growth process will start again.
My niece and I created the arrangement shown below about 17 years ago. I keep thinking it is getting too large for the ceramic planter, however I like knowing it is just as we started it.
When I purchased the Peace Lily shown in the photo on the right, I did not know they're commonly used at funerals-- nevertheless I think they are wonderful houseplants.
Other things I have been up to...
- Movie: "The Parallax View" w/Warren Beatty
- Tennis: Early round coverage Madrid Open
- Updating my Amazon Stores:
- Acquiring new memory for my Windows XP Desktop-- opened the box to see the current configuration. Added memory in March 2010 but forget the remaining number of slots. Took a photo this time.
- Researching web hosting issues.