Friday, August 25, 2017
So what are your plans for the weekend? Me? With the new school year and holidays right around the corner, I am planning updates to the stores.
I meant to post new photos around the time of my birthday [July], however never did. Below, recent photos.
In recent weeks, I have been out a bit researching local business activities however, have mostly stayed close to home. It has been wet and humid here.
Other things I have been up to?
- Watching professional tennis. BTW: US Open starts Monday, August 28, 2017.
- Paid bills including, qisoftware.com web hosting, phones, etc.
- Monetized another sub-domain on my site [qisoftware.com] and integrated the related Google Analytics code.
- Watched Bei Bei [National Zoo's Panda Cub], celebrate his second birthday.
- Went by my business bank.
- Sharing social media posts.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Friday, August 11, 2017
Earlier in the week, I had problems with the MySQL databases associated with the NS&J Forums and Q's Wire Blog. The forums use PHPBB and Q's Wire is a WordPress blog that is hosted on qisoftware.com. If you tried to access either the forums or blog, error messages indicated there were "database connection errors".
Recently, my web hosting provider upgraded a number of system software services on my server- including PHP. Initially, I thought this may have been the problem, however now I am not so sure.
Somehow the database passwords became misaligned. I am the only authorized user with access to cPanel- [hosting domain management interface] for both domains [qisoftware.com & hosting-q.com]. So, it appears these errors were caused by someone's deliberate actions and no, I do not think it was the web hosting provider.
After realigning the passwords, I requested full- backups of both sites.
I also fixed the Blogger Calendar's servlet for Q's Wire. The screen-grab captured using a WindowsXP system running Firefox browser version 43.0.1 (the reason the applet works without any special security updates to the system's Java control panel).
I installed the Blogger Calendar in the current version of Q's Wire's template for this demonstration only, however if you view the source for any page of Q's Wire, you will notice the "commented out" script for the Blogger Calendar.
What else have I been up to?
- Shopping online for a birthday present for my sister. I am pretty happy with my selection and picked two from my Gift Ideas store.
- Updated Business Tools I Heart post, on the Remix Blog.
- Other minor domain issues with qisoftware.com. Email spam options also affected by someone's deliberate actions. Also, changed the domain hosting password.
- Rogers Cup Tennis
- STARZ's "Power" series.
- Arundel Mills Cobbler to have a pair of heels repaired. Liked this experience, 20 minutes my shoes are ready.
- Social media tasks for the Hanover Maryland Businesses, Facebook page.
It was not all bad this week, in that the problems were resolved quickly. I was also happy to boot-up my Macbook and work on software code issues. I miss working software development issues...
Wednesday, August 02, 2017
Hot and thunderstorms, the last couple of weeks, however everything looks beautiful.
As you may recall, I take weekly photos of the progress at the construction site for the Live Hotel [being erected next to the Maryland Live Casino in Hanover, Maryland]. These photos taken over the last 3 weeks.
Other recent activities:
- Social media efforts for the Hanover Maryland Businesses FB page and my high school alumni group.
- Movie: "Passengers" w/ Jennifer Lawrence
- Watching STARZ's "Power" series.
- Tracking professional tennis.
- Minor cosmetic changes to my blogs i.e., Remix & this one.
- Added more tracking scripts to ecommerce areas of my site [qisoftware.com], i.e., Forums, Remix & this blog. [legal notice] Mirrors maybe negating commerce data-- and hopefully this will help to correct some of the problems.
- Looking into DNS error issues on qisoftware.com.
- Setup a paypal.me account.
- Potting a plant clipping [made a video clip].
Continuing work on my stores...
I went out this morning. Had to deposit more of my birthday money in the bank and rode around Hanover to see what's new.
They finished work on "The Arundel" [luxury apartments], that lobby looks beautiful [did not go inside, however did get photos of the exterior]. If you only know the mall [Arundel Mills] and casino and have the opportunity, checkout some of the new construction going on in our area. It is pretty impressive.