Friday, September 22, 2017
It is finally here, the first day of Autumn. I love this time of year.
- Social media posts-- HanoverMD Businesses
- Movie: La La Land
- A new Facebook application that will display upcoming events from the Hanover Maryland Businesses page to websites and blogs. Will post about this project later on my business blog [Remix].
- Paying business related bills.
- Research for the stores. Links located- upper sidebar on the right.
Illustration below shows partial results from the Facebook API. See "new Facebook application" referenced above.
I think it is going to be a beautiful Fall. Are you looking forward to the season?
By the way, did you notice the number of upcoming Job Fairs or Hiring Events in our area via this link?
Saturday, September 09, 2017
After what seemed like a month of rain, the skies have cleared and it has been a bit cooler. I am keeping busy with a myriad of projects.
- Updated the Celebrity Blogs List I maintain on the NS&J Forums.
- Social media posts for the Hanover Maryland Businesses page on Facebook.
- Shopping... see illustration below.
- Watched the remaining episodes of the latest season of StarZ's "Power" series.
- Movie: "A Bronx Tale"
- US Open Tennis action.
- Updating my Amazon Stores.
- Went by my business bank to set up a new account.
- Creating new spreadsheets to help track my business finances.
- Replaced the battery in my mother's riding mower. I thought this was going to be easier than it was.
Note the number of power adapters and cables in the illustration of my recent purchases. I have found that when I keep my mobile devices powered with an external power adapter, I extend the life of the battery of each device.
For example, I have had my Android since February 2015 and I am still able to get over 5 hours with the battery if I need to. When I use battery power, I also try to discharge the battery so that only one or two percent of the charge is remaining. Recharging from this depleted level, calibrates the battery which also helps to extend battery life.
The downside to the use of constant power adapters? I replace cables and adapters at least every other year [if not more], as indicated by the illustration of my recent purchases.
Saturday, September 02, 2017
Many are aware- I use Thingamablog as the content management platform for both my business and personal blogs. I started using Thingamablog in 2010 when Blogger decided to discontinue FTP support for users who hosted their blogs on private domains.
Thingamablog runs standalone on desktop computers and requires Java installation, if not already installed on the system.
In my opinion, the Thingamablog platform offers more security in that the entire application and post database are maintained off line. What this means? The master copies of my blogs are maintained off line and are tamper proof.
This also allows for easy backup to external storage devices of the off-line applications and databases, as opposed to online site backups.
That said, in my case I also backup my entire website so snap-shots of both the remix.qisoftware.com and personal.qisoftware.com sub-domains where I maintain the blogs, are also backed-up when I perform full-site backups.
In 2010, I also established the Facebook group [referenced above], for Thingamablog users. We are always looking for new members, so if you are interested in this blogging/content management tool, please join us.